Life has been so busy lately, with courses Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday evening. I have yellow post it notes all over the computer trying to remember everything I have to get done. There’s got to be a better system. I just haven’t found it yet.
Blogging wasn’t even on my list. It was something I was supposed to do every day. Strangely, when I was working, I managed to find the time every day. I was always amazed at how many people from places far away would read my blog posts about my cycle to work. But I digress …
New in the neighbourhood:
- the building that houses The Piggy Market in Westboro has had a makeover. The Piggy Market has reopened with a nice big sign at its old location, but I think they’ve expanded.
- at the front of the building, a new beauty bar has opened: 10spot. Not really my kind of thing, but I’m sure there are enough people to fill it.
- Trii Outdoor Lounge, on Wellington at the corner of Hamilton North, has filed a minor variance application. I’ve seen the sign there for a while. You can read more about the proposed elevated patio here.
Coming up this weekend, you’ll have lots of choice in the hood:
- It’s Ottawa Race Weekend and that means it’s time to get our Bavarian outfits on, grab the cowbell and go down the street to cheer the racers on.
- Art in the Alley is on May 23 to 25 @ Alicat Art Studio, 1395 Wellington St. W.
- The Brewery Market is making its next appearance in Hintonburg on Saturday, May 24, 12-8pm. They’re closing early so the runners in the crowd can get home early (snicker, snicker)
Of course, good luck trying to get anywhere this weekend. Go by foot or ride a bike.