I’ve been meaning to post for a while. Lots of pics of new things in the hood.
- The empty commercial spot on the east end of 101 Richmond Road has been leased. Zanadu Juice Bar is “opening soon”. Let’s hope it’s not like the cafe on Parkdale and Wellington.
- Urban Cloud is a strange addition to the hood. It has no store front to entice you in, and I have no clue what they actually sell. Other than e-cigarettes. I guess they must have leased the building because the “For Sale” sign is back in front. Doesn’t make you want to go inside.
- Going to the Parkdale Market may make you fat. If cold beers at the Carleton Tavern on a hot day aren’t enough to tempt you, maybe the future sweet treats will grab you. Holland’s Cake and Shake is opening soon. You can follow them on twitter here.
- I had heard a while back that Suzy Q was opening a second location also near the Market. I had no idea how big it was going to be. Check out the big sign on top of the former Orange Gallery location.
- Summer is here and so is live entertainment on the patio at Westboro Beach. Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays from 5 to 11 p.m. Oh, and it’s free! And it’s licensed!
- And if you’re out on the paths today, take care. If the crazy geese don’t get you, a fallen tree just might.